Flying to Costa Rica!

So it was my first time on a plane. It was kind of exciting since I’d never done it before, and I got to do it with with lots of friends on the mission team. While waiting to take off I was joking with Jared, and told him I was a better Christian then he is. The flight attendant walked by at that moment and was like “oh really?” Then we talked with her for a minute and then she turned around and loudly told the whole plane that I was the best Christian on bored. It was pretty fun joking with her throughout the flight and after we landed she sung me a special song on the speaker which was “I am a C-H-R-S-T-I-A-N”. I was able to talk to her about her church after the flight and it was just a super cool experience getting to meet a fellow believer not ashamed of her faith. It was encouraging and got me excited to be bold for Christ through the trip!

-Luke Byrd

The plane trip to Houston was uneventful and fast. I was sitting next to Luke Byrd and Jared Coe. It was Luke’s first time on a Starship (er, plane). Before we took off, he told the flight attendant that he was the best Christian out of all of us. She thought it was funny so she quizzed him on the books of the Bible. He missed 5.
Less than a hour later, we landed in Houston. But before we disembarked, the crew had one more thing up their sleeves. They led the whole plane to singing, “I am a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N.” It was pretty funny.
Then the layover commenced, and a few hours later, we flew to Costa Rica.
Pura Vida

-Thomas Hornstein



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Door to Door Experiences

Behold...the GLOG! (Group Blog)