Door to Door Experiences

Today was our second to last day of VBS! Our team is doing absolutely amazing with keeping the energy up and staying engaged even though we are SO TIRED. They always say that the third day of VBS is the hardest, but our team is totally rocking it! Our door to door has also been awesome. Here's  a cool story from Caleb:

God has been working in my life. My biggest fear when on the trip is saying something wrong and ruining the idea of Christianity for them. That puts me in a place and often it gets in the way of me trying my best to open up and share the Gospel. I can speak Spanish but choose not to going house to house because fear held me back. Normally I intro house to house in Spanish but stop when it comes to the Gospel. However, when I was talking to a house, my translator Fabio stepped back and said “No man, you are doing great continue.” Fabio pushed me out of my comfort zone and I shared the Good News in Spanish and then today the family I talked to was at the VBS! Not only that, but when not sharing the Gospel I talked to local kids in Spanish as more practice, and to invite them to VBS. They also came! I was pushed outside of the sin of living in fear and selfishness and can now better establish relationships with the Costa Rican’s. God is good and I am very blessed that God had Fabio as my translator and very supportive team to help me through it so thank you to Dani Schager, Maggie Elles, Christina Wiseman, and David Barnes God worked through you guys incredibly thank you.

-Caleb






-----------

Even though I wasn’t a crew leader yesterday at VBS I still experienced the joy of being present with the kids. It’s fun to watch all the different personalities interacting with the several kids!
- Rylie
-----------

It has been a joy to see our team fulfilling the calling they have an excelling at what they have worked so hard to do.  God is using them, their gifts, preparation, and servant hearts to do a great work in San Jose.  Normally each day we will share about a student or two who we saw doing an extraordinarily good job.  Today, not a single adult leader could single anyone out because they all did such an amazing job in the plaza!  There were many times I would look around the park for somewhere to jump in and help only to find that everything was taken care of!  It was incredibly freeing to not be needed but to be able to simply engage, knowing everything was going smoothly.

This freedom allowed me to connect with two young boys today over a soccer ball and frisbee.  The smiles on their faces as we played and I was able to give them my full attention was a blessing.  This has been an incredible week and I could not be more proud of this team!
- Jared

Comments

  1. Caleb - So exciting to see the Lord working in your life, sharing the gospel. He is faithful and true and we grow as we trust Him. To the whole team - praying for you. Keep up the good work. Praying for energy and rest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Behold...the GLOG! (Group Blog)